Friday, January 23, 2015

Olive Juice: Valentine's Day Edition

As much as I love beginning a new year I always find myself getting anxious when Valentine's Day is around the corner.

As you all know by now I have an abnormal obsession for holidays. My friends have always made fun of me for it but in the end they all value my weird shaped cupcakes and unnecessary cheesy decor I was inspired from a photo off Pinterest(epic fail).

For Valentine's day though I am never in control. Well, unless I don't have a crush at the time and my day is spent on baking too many cookies with my girlfriends and having one too many bottles of wine (each). But in reality Valentine's day is a gift for the girl. It is so hard for me to sit down and be complacent to a man (out of all people) taking over a holiday with my unrealistically high expectations.

To let my mind at ease though I focus less on the actual holiday and more on the outfit, naturally.


This Valentine's day I am grasping on to French Connection as my muse. They have so many of those LBD's we all lust for in our closet. Although I love the classic date night wear this year I wanted to go a little outside the box. My first real winter in NYC has been filled with dark color cashmere and leather. I want to go back to my California girl look and opt for a white lace dress with a splash of red ( because I have to be spirited, duh!).

For the dress I picked out the Nebraska Lace Dress. I love the exposed skin on the quarter sleeve and the way the lace drops at the bottom. It is so feminine and sexy in all the right ways.

Since it is still freezing in NYC I have to bring a coat even if it is just to go in and out of my Uber to the restaurant. As a California girl a coat is needed for anything below 65 degrees. But I took this opportunity to pop a little vday color into the wardrobe. You see many girls trying to wear red dresses for Valentine's Day but for me I think it is a little too much. I always like to look subtle and classy for date night. I am currently obsessing over this Imperial Imperial Wool Oversized Coat!



Maybe it's because it's on sale or that the name of the color is burnt whiskey(my fav drink) but I've been eyeing this bad boy for a while and what a better opportunity to buy it!


Since the dress is delicate and the jacket is vibrant I wanted to go for a nude pump so these Elvia Heels were perfect!


Another purchase I have been eyeing was this textured white Ines Crossbody Bag I have an obsession for white and I think it would really compliment the dress and look amaze with the red coat. (and also with my new spring wardrobe I have already planned out on a board on Pinterest).


With this outfit I was just going to throw on my go-to gold watch in addition to this subtle but modern Rectangle Bar Cuff because you don't want to distract the attention from the dress.

So whether it is dinner with some cute guy or drinks with the girls. This outfit is the perfect vday attire for any occasion!

(all items are from http://usa.frenchconnection.com/)

This post is a part of a sweepstakes with prizes! For more info visit click HERE

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment